HealthBeat Wrap: Teen Sleep, Fevers, New HIV Tests

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wdlove, Feb 10, 2004.

1. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

2. macopia macrumors newbie

I've heard that kids who play outside, eat dirt, are exposed to more germs at a younger age, etc. are less likely to develop allergies.

So don't put your kids in a plastic bubble!

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

It's a well known fact that poor kids had a much lower risk of getting Polio a few decades ago; the poorer hygene and dirtier living conditions in their families made them more likely to have contracted a mild case or picked up some immunity from their mother.

Not a good reason to make your kids live in squalid conditions, obviously, but being too clean does have its down sides.

4. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Im a teen (16) and I can't get enough sleep. 2 nights ago I went to bed at 5PM and got up at 7am and I was still falling down tired in my classes. :rolleyes:

No matter how much sleep I get I am always tired. :(

5. wdlove thread starter macrumors P6

wdlove

That doesn't sound like a good situation. You might want to discuss that fact that you are feeling tired all the time. There are may possible cause for you feeling tired all the time. I would recommend that you see your physician. A full medical workup might just be a good idea.

6. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't be sure. Here is what happens to me. I get about 3-5 hours of sleep a night. On weekends I work Sats doing community service (for school) which is nice and I like doing it. I come home at 2:30 PM go up to my room pass out on my bed, sleep until about 10 or 11 Sunday. Then I start off Monday feeling good, Tuesday the lack of sleep starts again. But I can do this during the summer and I am ok. Why? It's because I am normally crashing at friends places and such. I think if you just do everything the same everyday you turn into a zombie, it's weird but it sort of makes me tired, lack of something new but I wouldn't call it depression… Maybe just not every waking up. You sit in class all day and stuff, it's not like you are at a party getting drunk and then deciding to walk to 7/11 lol. It's just you are doing the same thing everyday which it isn't always a bad or depressing thing, it's just the same so you do it automatically.

Maybe I am completely wrong but that's the only reason I always look or seem so tired. Is it the same with you coopdog? Also get back on Carracho :p