Healthy Potato

Discussion in 'Community' started by themadchemist, Jun 7, 2004.

1. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Healthy Potato

Here's a sample of what you're in for:

"When 96 percent of Americans don’t know the main attributes of potatoes, it's time to pull out all the stops and set the record straight."

"But there is good news.* When focus groups were shown the official FDA nutrition label for potatoes, they were thrilled to learn that one of their favorite foods was actually good for them.* They delighted in learning that one medium potato is an excellent source of potassium, rich in vitamin C and a good source of fiber for only 100 calories, with no fat and no cholesterol."

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Strip away the peel, load it up with butter or margarine, chili, and cheese and it's no longer quite so healthy. :D

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I prefer my potato with the skin and margarine. The healthy choice! :)

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

magarine is worse for you than butter. Chemically it is only one molecule away from being plastic - seriously! It takes much longer for your body to process it too.

Here's a neat summer trick - leave a stick of butter and a stick of margarine out in a shaded area for a few hours. Check it out - the butter will be covered in flys and other insects - the margarine... not a bug on it. Scary how nature knows what is unnatural.

5. themadchemist thread starter macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I'll tell you what's unhealthy...The collective mind of the group that created that weird site.

6. russed macrumors 68000

russed

potato - is there anything that cant be done with it?

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Not much is the answer to that. I've even seen one used as a gun silencer. :D