Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Since updating to 1.01 the watch heart rate seems to randomly update the health app. It used to be every 10 minutes, now it can be 10, 30 minutes and the last one was 2 hours ago...

BD1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Since updating to 1.01 the watch heart rate seems to randomly update the health app. It used to be every 10 minutes, now it can be 10, 30 minutes and the last one was 2 hours ago...

Every 10 minutes for me. Same as before the update.

wdfly

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
mine seems pretty consistent every 10 minutes but there are gaps sometimes 20 minutes sometimes 30.

ssimonvii

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Same issue here. I've seen last HR was 1hr ago twice... most I ever saw previously was in the 20 minute range.

What I don't understand is that the glance can pick up my HR within 20 seconds no problem. If the IR sensor doesn't capture HR after 10 minutes, why isn't the green LED coming on like Apple says it does?

Fredo C

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
I did a 30 min indoor cycle, ended the workout on the watch, then took the watch off to take a shower. Noticed that the green heart rate monitor lights were still on a good 5 minutes after I took the watch off. Never noticed this happening before the update.

I had to restart the watch to shut the lights off. I don't know if I would have noticed this had I not taken the watch off, which is concerning as it would have burned through battery life.

alxz1194

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2007
Noticed this right after the update too. HR started to be taken at intervals anywhere between 10 mins - 2+ hours. I wonder what happened :/

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
Same problem here :( Annoying, it worked pretty well before the update... Hope they fix this soon :mad:

tomaustin44

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2013
Yep, same problem with me... I noticed my exercise ring is unusually empty today despite having been on a Physical Education course all day.. checked data in Health and HR data looks accurate but very sporadic.

Clearly a problem created by the new update which is really annoying.

NJmacatty

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2015
Same thing and more

I also noticed that my heart rate data in the health app for about a week period is gone and my heart rate data is now updating into the app intermittently. I spoke with Apple customer service this morning, but data could not be restored and their advice was to restart both the iPhone and the Watch, clean the sensor back, and keep an eye on it. That, unfortunately, has not fixed anything and I think there might be a bigger problem on our, er, hands (or wrists).

bgj887

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2015
Yea I was about to make a thread about this, I definetly have noticed this, I was gonna try to unpair it, so far I just did the reset didn't work

Fwingonga

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Paris, France
Well, mine is presenting me with an interesting range of heart rates that I allegedly had during the night, which is fascinating considering I was not wearing the watch while I was asleep!

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
I am also having this issue after the update. It is randomly checking my HR instead of the 10 minute intervals like before

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
I've contacted the chat support, they asked to restart devices, unpair watch, blah blah... Done done done... So they set up a phone call for tomorrow with the engineer dept. to gather more information :confused:

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Are you absolutely sure it's checking in the background at all now?

Maybe the data you are seeing is from your manual checks.

millerrh

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2005
I just got mine yesterday so I can't do a before/after comparison, but I can tell you that the only logs I have are the ones where I have manually measured my heart beat. Seems to not do it in the background at all for me.

tomaustin44

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2013
So having restarted both my iPhone and Apple Watch my heart rate detection seems to be back in a regular rhythm... Will continue to monitor but the last four measurements have been taken every 10 mins.

EDIT: Spoke to soon... its all gone erratic again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

barchstein

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
Heart rate monitor was the best feature of the watch... and its not working anymore...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

restarted both the watch and the phone doesnt help...

i seriously hope that they find a solution...ASAP...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.