Heat dissipation help.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ajampam, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ajampam macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2005
    After seeing how my 12' PB heats up and seeing threads about fried up laptops, I need sme advice. I have convinced myslf to pick up some heat dissipation device and narrowed down to 2 things......

THe (a) iLap or (b)Traveler coolpad.......

I am interested to know the pros and cons of these two fomr those who have already used them....I love using my 12 incher all the time and so need something that would sit well on my lap, be ergonomic.....definitely attracted to the iLap, but am open to veiwpoints and advice.....any feedback would be great!!!!!!!
    Thanks... :)
  2. joecool85 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    Not sure about those two, I used a tragus pad on my 12" for a while and moved on up to a LapCool2. It has two fans and a 4 port USB hub on the back. However, I only use this when my laptop is sitting down crunching seti or Photoshopping, not when on my lap. When it's on my lap, I don't use anything, unless it gets hot, and then I wear pants instead of shorts.
  3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    I use one of those cool pads with fans for my 12" PB. My 15" PB is perched on iCurve as it is used on that desk only (I only take 12" with me due to its portability). Since I run my 15" PB in the clam shell mode with 23" ACD, I have the clip-on fan on my desk to blow the air to help heat dissipation. I know it is overkill; but I heard some posters here reported some heat meltdown with their PB with the clam shell mode. Better to over-kill than to be killed by heat.