Heat resistant "pad" for bottom of Powerbook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MrVegas, Oct 24, 2005.

1. MrVegas macrumors regular

I ran my 15" Powerbook quite a bit today at work and at the end of the day the bottom was fairly warm ... not HOT, but quite warm.

Does anybody make some kind of pad or something that you could stick your Powerbook on to absorb the heat?

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

2. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I have this and I like it

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I've ordered an iLap (made by Rain Designs at http://www.raindesigninc.com), but neither it nor the new PB with which I'm going to use it has arrived yet, so can't tell you how effective it is. What I CAN say is that, yes, it usually is a good idea to provide some sort of cooling device under a laptop, as that will keep it healthier longer. My old 12" Windows laptop gets quite warm and so with it I use an Antec cooling pad, which really makes a difference.

OTB

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I use this Targus Traveler CoolPad because it's thin enough to bring it around (I got mine for $10 from Target). Another one that I've seen people use is this one, also a Targus CoolPad but it's slightly more elevated and comes in different colors.

6. Greenone macrumors 6502

Wow that looks really great...I think it would be comfy for curling up in the corner of my couch with laptop on lap, and not having to worry about it slipping off my lap easily.

7. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I use the Targus Notebook Chill Mat. It's like the others here but it has two fans built in and draws heat down and away from the laptop. You can turn it off with a switch. The main drawback is that it sucks power from the USB port but I can still get a good 2.5 to 3 hours with it.