Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShakeWellProd

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I'm looking for a way to create the heat sensor effect. The ones they use in Spy movies etc. Is there a plugin for this? I have a shot of the killer walking in while the protagonist has special "heat sensory" skills.

ShakeWellProd

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Infa Red

No not Infrared. Doesn't that have the greenish look to it like the Paris Hilton video?

I want the effect sort like in the link above, but the bodies turn red for video not photo's

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Dont you have to shoot it with a heat sensitive camera or put a lot of post production work in? Not sure a quick fix exists...

Might have more luck in the digital video forum?

nicholasm

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Dont you have to shoot it with a heat sensitive camera or put a lot of post production work in? Not sure a quick fix exists...

Might have more luck in the digital video forum?

I don't think he's looking for ACTUAL sensitivity/measurement of temperature, just that look of bright primary colors.

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.

surely that would be the easiest way to get the best effect though... Probably quite expencive though, I'll give you that :)

I don't know how to personally, but I still recomend asking in the digital video forum.

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
Anything like this?
Done in P/shop.
Image> adjustments> posterise - set to say 8 colours.
Then use the magic wand tool, along with Select> Similar to select blocks of colour, followed by Image> Adjustments> Hue and Saturation. (Additionally, you can save as a gif, cutting the number of colours down from the standard 256 - but I'm not sure about this last step).
I'm afraid I have no idea how you would do this in say FCP or Premiere, but you don't say whether you're working on a still or a movie.

Attachments

• keira.jpg
    keira.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 72
  • keira.gif
    keira.gif
    62.5 KB · Views: 79

ShakeWellProd

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks

Thanks for all your links and help.

The link above doesn't work thou. Oh well. Sounds like a cool plugin for someone to create in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.