Heck yeah, i got a free iPod Mini

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Engagebot, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Engagebot macrumors regular

(this is not an advertisement, simply an exclamation of awesomeness)

I got a flippin' free ipod mini from symantec this week. i had to order some licenses of antivirus for work (being an IT dude), and they had a deal that you get a free mini when you buy 40 or more licenses.

they didnt charge for it, i ordered the software, i recieved the package, i got the 'pod.

things are looking up... :0)

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Zipped over here, looking to report the post, and instead find myself congratulating you....

Way to go - glad you got a free one "legitimately"! :)

3. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Well I don't know about that..... if he ordered the Symantec lisances through his work, I would assume that the iPod Mini belongs to his work...

4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Not necissarily(sp?). If Symantec offered the iPod to system administrators in return for recommending that their company purchase Symantec products, I would say it is legitamitely his. If it was for the purchase of 40 licenses, then it would be company property.

5. JamesSykes macrumors newbie

Its a gift to him for choosing symmantec for his purchases :)

6. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Are Symmantec products considered a GIFT or GREEF. I always wondered on that conundrum.

A gift iPod mini, wheee heee heee thanks for sharing a free products that has been on the market for over a year with bad battery life. :rolleyes:

Who cares I see too much of this free, iPod, iPod mini, Mac mini, blah blah blah..... Its getting stale.

The GIFT of the iPod mini is for all those times this SA will be fixing and calling Symmantec to resolve issues and the crazy load of money this SA put forth to keep him busy in the future. ;) :)

7. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Technically the iPod mini is given to the person who own the company who the licenses is bought for the systems they own. This SA does not own squat, he placed his name on it....I can see his arse getting fired if anyone found out. ;) :)

Its the companies money not the SA. :)

8. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Actually, this falls under the gift clause that most companies have. I could go look at mine, but it's something like this: Say I work for company A. Company B and C are trying to get my business, so they take me out for dinner, maybe buy me a bottle of wine. These are considered personal gifts. My personal gifts cannot exceed 30 dollars per occasion, 3 occasions max per 12 month period and 100 dollars per 12 month period. Basically, under such agreement, according to my company's policy, if I accepted the iPod, it would be terms for dismissal. This is done so that I can't be influenced to do something bad for the company so that I can personally gain. Taking me out to dinner to discuss the deal, as long as it doesn't exceed 30 bucks in theory shouldn't influence my decision making process. After said 30 dollars, I have to put this on the company credit card. They would much rather keep stuff "kosher" and pay an extra 100 bucks for my dinner than let somebody else pay for it if it could kick them in the ass afterwards.

Make sense? Check your companies policy, most medium sized places (somewhere that would buy 40 licenses) don't have them. Enjoy your iPod!

BEN

9. Engagebot thread starter macrumors regular

Actually, i'm not getting fired.

I do all the tech support for our church. everybody's really cool. No danger of people getting ticked about it...