HEEEEELPPP Stuck on boot logo Iphone 4S 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by togu, Apr 15, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Guys help!!!
    I've tried installing cydia through iFunBox and I think i messed something up. I've put a cydia.deb file on root and stash folder and when I restarted it stuck on BOOT LOGO.
    =>How should I able to boot it up? I have 4S on 5.0.1. Is there anyway to get access into root folder in DFU or Restore mode?
    =>I've heard I cannot do **** +restore original restore.ipsw, maybe I can?
    HELLLLPPP

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope the gurus will show up.

4. macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Did you try to kick it out of recovery with TinyUmbrella or redsn0w?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Kicking out of the recovery and DFU isn't the problem. but haven't tried tiny umbrella. redsn0w says my device isn't compatible. I'm on 4S 5.0.1

----------

Mine is already jailbroken, SSH is installed but when I bought it, cydia was nowhere to be found eventhough it was jailbroken. So tried manually install the cydia via ifunbox, and then I put .deb file on the root and also created install folder on the stash folder. And then when I tried to reboot it, it got stuck.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have to try the emergency SSH in DFU mode as a last resort but I'm stuch on 2 point which is:
    2. Restore Ramdisk (038-0082-001.dmg) IV & KEY (3GS, iOS 4.2.1)
    What do I have to do restor ramdisk? install it? decrypt it?

7. macrumors regular

That looks like an obsolete method, for an old version of iOS. Anything relying on DFU mode is likely to rely on the limera1n exploit, which does not work on a 4S.

Try asking in the iPhone Hacks forum. That is where the jailbreakers lurk.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

oh man. I shouldn't have messed with ifunbox to begin with. It's not fun at all.