Heehee, fun with CDs!

Discussion in 'Community' started by tpjunkie, Jun 28, 2003.

1. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Ok, maybe I've been alone too long, but I was laughing really hard reading this site, then watching the vids on it. Then I wanted to go and try it for myself :p

http://www.powerlabs.org/cdexplode.htm

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i laughed my ass off went it went up the skateboard, man that is cool, i need to do that sometime.

iJon

4. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

I hate to be the wet blanket, but I am going to anyway: Those kids are LUCKY that the plastic pieces did not shred someone's face or otherwise hurt someone.

OK, now that I have that out of the way, that's hilarious! :eek: :D I loved it when it ended up inside the fishbowl and kept spinning insde it... :cool:

5. tpjunkie thread starter macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

When I get home to a dremmel, just watch out, AOL trial discs :D :D

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...and people always say there is no use for those things....oh yeah! :D

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Haha, or dumping it on them...

AOL Is Gonna be PWNED!

8. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

my friend showed me this video a while back, and I did this myself with some friends.

it was pretty cool... i put some water on the spinning disc while still on the dremel, that was awesome..

I also got the CD to kinda float down like a flying saucer at about half the rate that it would normally drop, that was cool too. I used CD-R's tho, as i dont have any AOL cd's :(

9. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

that is totally sweet. 150 Joules! yeah that would rip into you darn nasty like.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

While on the subject of doing non-conformative things with CD's - My sister has a whole wall of her room filled with CD's. Looks kind of cool.

Another fun thing to do with CDs is have a contest to see who can throw one the farthest. It's technique not strength ;).

scem0

11. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I want to see this when they finally get the CDs collected. I'll be sending all the ones I can find in from now on.

It'll be quite funny, considering that 1M CDs would take up quite a bit of space at AOLs corporate HQ.