Heidfeld clinches Williams-BMW drive

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Jan 31, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Good stuff this! I was really worried that Williams would cripple their team by opting for Pizzonia for next season.

Is that really such a surprise?? this is after all the driver who more than held his own against Kimi Raikkonen when they were together at Sauber... he's seriously underrated IMHO, and deserves this opportunity.

rinky dink link

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Wooohooo, thanks for posting hadn't heard that yet. I am so relieved that they chose Heidfeld over the sponsored Pizzonia. It'll be really interesting how he does against Webber. Schu already said he sees a potential rival in him for the championship.

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I figured that as long as it came down to lap times, Heidfeld would come out on top. Nothing against Pizzonia, but taking him because Petrobas wanted him is a dumb idea. Heifeld and Webber are both definitely underrated drivers, but that should change this season since they're in what should be a contender car.

4. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Agree absolutely. When Raikkonen got the Mclaren drive, I thought Heidfield had done the better job. Plus He won the F3 championship - showing his quality. And he's German! ;)

PS: Where's your monkey gone iGav?

EDIT: Oh ok - must have been a prob with my browser...