HELLLLLP!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TWYNNS, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TWYNNS macrumors newbie

HI ... :)

am a somewhat new mac owner...

am having a problem right now ...

everytime i try to get into certain programs.. it acts like its thinking...
    this colorful thing keeps goin round and round...

i was trying to open my stickies.. and it just wouldn't open... i don't know if am making sense to u guys..

also am trying to change the ip address on my printer because i got a new router... and i don't know where to go...

can any body help me... :D

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

As for the spinny color wheel, I don't know how to tell you to avoid getting it (other than restarting your computer, if you haven't already). However, when a program locks up like that, you can force quit the program by pressing apple+option+esc.

As for the printer, I have no idea how to change the IP address on it... lol.
    Sorry, I guess I'm not much help today.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Personally I'd run a disk check on it (run Disk Utility/Disk First Aid from the CD/DVD), Apple's imaging doesn't always produce a clean copy of the OS.

Much easier than listening to Apple tell you to reload the OS.

If it finds a problem then -- run it again, and again until it fixed all the problems (or stops fixing them.)

---

Also Repair Permissions from the HD, must be done from the application on the HD.

4. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Have you been installing software recently? Most of the time you only get the color wheel when you've had your machine on for either long periods of time or your running a million apps at once. Look at your dock and make sure you don't have a million apps open. (The way you check to see if apps are open is if they have a black arrow underneath the icon in the dock). Just restart your machine if this continues and you should be good to go.

5. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

What type of Mac are you running? G3,G4,G5? How much RAM(is it 3rd party RAM or bought from apple?) ? Are you running OSX? give us some basics.

Have you installed any new programs lately, did this problem start for the first day you got your Mac or after you installed something?