Hello, World.

Discussion in 'Community' started by iamchris, Jul 9, 2002.

1. iamchris macrumors newbie

Hello, World.

I'm Chris, I'm 14, I'm a "Barista" at a local coffee place and I develop OS kernels in my spare time - Interesting, huh? :)

In all seriousness now, I've been drifting since MWSF '02 and decided to join, seems like a nice community of users. I've got quite a bit of Mac experience (hardware related, mostly) and just thought I'd drop a message to say hello.

Cya 'round,

Chris

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

I'm taking a break off my job of burning newbies for a while...

Welcome to the forums. Now, what is your name again? :)

I can't imagine what a Barista is, but you better get paid a lot of "dinero". :D

Glad to see a lurker come out from the basement! You came out just in time, as the boards are probably going to crowd up for the upcoming expo, so you should have plenty of things to talk about. Yes, this is a great community, except for a few people. If you see anyone kissing Gates' ash on how much someone likes their peecee and bashes the Mac world beat him up for me if I'm not around. :D

Once again, welcome. :cool:

3. vitruvius macrumors regular

Welcome

Welcome dude!
    once u enter this site u cant go out again mwhahahaaa!
    :p

4. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

welcome to macrumors chris :D
    i see your a fellow Canadian :D :D
    which part of the good ol great white north u from?
    not that many 14 y/os develop os kernals in their free time lol *cough smartie cough*

5. iamchris thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha

I'll be sure to bash MS lovers - I feel the same hate for their vast gluttony of software distribution. A Barista is the person who makes the coffee. I make a killer Espresso Machiatto.

I hail from St. Albert, Alberta. And yes, it sure is the great white north.

I'm not that smart, actually - I just know a bunch of languages, that's all. Darwin isn't that complex.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

welcome to the threads chris!

very nice to see another lurker join in on the fun...

so do u work for Starbuck's by chance? ;)

7. iamchris thread starter macrumors newbie

Going to...

Maybe, someday - I'd like to, that'd be fun. Why? Do you - lucky.

Right now I've got a place at a local shop downtown, I quite like it there, good atmosphere.

8. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Wilkommen!

Welcome to the forums. Hey... Haven't other people gotten flamed to a crisp for creating a thread to say they joined? :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Going to...

nah...I don't work for a coffee shop...u can check my profile for all that info...

was just curious though...I think it's pretty cool to work as a barista though...I just love espresso... :D

10. job macrumors 68040

job

Welcome - But watch out for the one they call "AlphaTech." :D

11. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

hes evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvil evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvil! lol ;)

enjoy your stay here tho, n if anyone gives u a hard time, just say your mac's better than theirs lol ;)

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

welcome chris!

also...watch out for king cobra...he will beat the living shiznit out of you in breakout!!! but you could always pour 40 shots of espresso down his throat with a funnel and laugh after the effects kick in.

but anyways...enjoy the boards.

dig it!

13. King Cobra macrumors 603

Hey, SilvorX, you've had your fair share as much as anyone.

I'm glad to see half-burnt victims telling the truth! :D

>(fyterdog)also...watch out for king cobra...he will beat the living shiznit out of you in breakout!!!
    as supposed to anyone else, I guess...

>but you could always pour 40 shots of espresso down his throat with a funnel and laugh after the effects kick in.
    Hey, fyter. Take an iChill and a blue pepsi.

Attached Files:

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

not the blue Pepsi again!!!

oh wow....speaking of Alpha...just wait till he gets a gander at this... :rolleyes:

15. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

Welcome Chris!

Enjoy your stay, it's hard to stay off these forums once you've joined... :)

BTW. A couple of years ago I and some friends started a coffie shop for teenagers. Making goood coffice is fun (and tasty :) )

16. King Cobra macrumors 603

Hey, eye!

If you don't like pepsi blue then try one of these varieties: :D

Attached Files:

17. spuncan macrumors 6502

um whats w/ the pepsi blue stuff is that some new inferior to coke product that I missed? Anyways welcome Chris. Hey at least u have an actual job I just caddy at the local C.C. Yeah sometime newbs do get on a few peoples nerves he but thats just mainly because of mindless stupidity and repition of dumb rumors like dare I say iWalk or X for X86. So just steer clear of those posts and u should be fine. (Ah now I sound like some dumbass guidance counsaler ahh)
    And King Cobra it's not like ur such a senior member that u should pick on the newb newbs.

18. King Cobra macrumors 603

>um whats w/ the pepsi blue stuff is that some new inferior to coke product that I missed?
    Haven't you heard? It's the latest craze! Check it out!

>And King Cobra it's not like ur such a senior member that u should pick on the newb newbs.
    What do you mean by "senior"? If you are referring to post count then you are surely mistaken. And I don't mean to call you Surly :D but you have quite a few less posts than I do, and I have 4 digits. But it doesn't matter how many posts I have, newbies with BS posts will be fired at on the spot, plain and simple.

Instances: (S)Hitormiss, gocyrus, (S)Thinkpads... got me? I don't tend to flame after those who want to get the feel of the forums, since that would be way too cruel. I am most interested in Mac bashers and those with incorrect info.

19. job macrumors 68040

job

It's worse than we ever could have imagined. :D :D

20. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i think it's less that you do it and more that you constantly talk about it and get tough about it. it's not like you have only the most clever things to say and never have dumb/pointless posts, most people do...

anyhoo, welcome chris. why is it that you strive for starbuck's as a goal of some sort? that place is nasty.... small time coffee shops are so rare these days that you're lucky to have a good one..

and spuncan.... caddying can certainly be profitable.... my friend's brother does that pretty much as a full time job. not to say it's as good as a "real" job, but it's a much better part time, young job than most.... do you golf also?

21. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    welcome chris

and disregard all the post count/newbie verbage...its not like the status is earned...kinda like those college courses where you get an "a" just for showing up every day...

besides, everyones in a bit of a pissy mood because of the powermac rumors...

this place runs in cycles...all peace and love...then flamewars and carnage...

there's a lot of good fun and info that flys around here

enjoy.

22. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Every time some one new appear in the forums I remember King Cobra's first thread, the most arrogant, egocentric humbleless introduction I have ever seen!!! I think that even Stve Jobs would feel overwelmed.:p

23. King Cobra macrumors 603

Hey, mymemory, this has been discussed. Nobody really liked it, and I hated it. So don't bring it back up again.

>i think it's less that you do it and more that you constantly talk about it and get tough about it. it's not like you have only the most clever things to say and never have dumb/pointless posts, most people do...
    Have you seen the alien thread? That was some fun bullsh!!ting fyter and I got on. But, I'm saying, if and when the right opportunity comes, it's doomsday, kid. And if you think I'm acting tough, get over it. I can be comical, arrogant, whatever. But all I am trying to do is get involved.

3rdpath, are you in that type of mood?

24. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

just enjoy the boards.... wither it be bullsh*t, funsh*t, sicksh*t, seriousshi*t....or whatever typeofsh*t you are into.

25. job macrumors 68040

job