Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cd1211

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
Hi,

I have a 1st gen MBA. The battery was replaced earlier this year and it still has 96% health. But starting today, my computer frequently shows no batteries available and then goes back to normal after about 15 to 20 minutes. When the battery cannot be detected, the enclosure bottom temp shown in iStat is -127, which goes back to ~30 when battery is being detected.

Also, it loses about 5% battery per hour in sleep mode. When it is awake, battery life is about 5-6 hours which is pretty normal.

I have done battery calibration, SMC reset, PRAM. All software is up to date. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
It could be something as simple as the battery connector being loose. If you're comfortable doing so, pop the bottom plate off (all you need is a small phillips screwdriver) and wiggle the battery connector to make sure that it's firmly connected. If that doesn't do it, you may want to take it into wherever you got the battery replaced and explain your current troubles.

cd1211

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
It could be something as simple as the battery connector being loose. If you're comfortable doing so, pop the bottom plate off (all you need is a small phillips screwdriver) and wiggle the battery connector to make sure that it's firmly connected. If that doesn't do it, you may want to take it into wherever you got the battery replaced and explain your current troubles.

Yea I just tried. It seems to be a little better because the battery can now be detected for a longer time. But now the X is on the battery again. I replaced the battery myself although I am a girl.

Does it have to do with the bottom enclosure temperature sensor? When the battery cannot be detected, the bottom temp is shown as -127 degrees which is def. not true.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.