Help! 2 finger right-click

Discussion in 'macOS' started by psychofreak, Nov 28, 2006.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I don't know when, but this started around a week ago. Every time I start up my macbook, the two-finger right-click doesn't work. I open up system prefs, and go to the option, its already ticked! If i leave it, the right click doesn't work, but if I unclick, then reclick it, it works.

I have repaired permissions. Any ideas?

2. 66217 Guest

Do you notice if it stops working after something in specific that you do? Opening certain apps, etc.

EDIT: oops, now I see you say it is after you start. Can't really think about a posible cause. It most some app you installed. Try seeing if it began after installing a specific app.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, it could be a third party software conflict so tell us what third party stuff you're running. Also, try a new user account to see if the problem carries through. :)

4. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

I had the same problem the first 3 weeks I had my MacBook but suddenly it just stopped....

edit: I'm not sure about the 3 week thing but it went away by it self...

5. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

Now its working anyway...odd, thanks for the response

6. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

So I just had to reinstall OSX because my computer wasn't going to sleep when the lid was closed (which is another story) and after reinstalling, the option to have two finger right click doesn't even show up! It just dissapeared. I have no idea what is going on.

7. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

I had the same problem. Re-installing didnt work! I took it to the apple store, they told me it might be the magnet. The guy went downstairs for like 15 minutes, then came back up and said they fixed it by just taking it apart and putting it back together again. Two days later it happened again, and I haven't been bothered, maybe when I have another problem. BTW, I have had three big problems (two random shutdowns, and black-screen) and then this, am I eligible for a replacement, hopefully C2D macbook, as this is getting ridiculous.

8. sarends macrumors member

MBP 17 Doing the Same Thing

Just got a new MBP 17 this week. I love the trackpad 2 finger secondary click. I find that it stops working when I try to add rows or columns in excel. If I go into prefs, uncheck it, save prefs, then go back in and select it again, it will work for awhile - until I start using it alot, and then of course it stops working again. I have not had other probs with the machine yet. Actually, other than this I love it.

If anyone figures it out short of an OSX re-install please let me know!

9. biter macrumors newbie

iMac trackpad accessory--fixed right-click problem

iMac trackpad accessory 2 finger tap wasn't working. Solution: Disable "Smart Zoom" under System Preferences->Trackpad->Scroll & Zoom. The problem will end. I think the issue was caused because after the first two-finger-tap the OS was waiting to see if there would be another one for a "double two-finger-tap," which would cause a smart zoom to happen.