Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bimmeracer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I jailbroke my 3g IOS4 and it worked fine until I used pkgbackup to restore the files that I had. Now my phone stays in safe mode and I have no idea how to fix it. I went through a list of programs that dont work on the ios4 software and deleted them all, but it did not fix the issue. Can anyone help me?

Also, how would it be possible to return my phone to ios4 without the jailbreak and all my info still intact?

Thanks

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Thats what I have been doing with no luck.

Cydia works in safe mode.

Here is your problem, you went to a new OS, but many of the Cydia apps don't yet run on iOS 4. Using PkgBackup to re-install every Cydia app you had before was just plain foolish. You cannot do that on new generation firmware.

As said, remove them all, one by one, then try to get out of safe mode. You likely have several which are causing the springboard crash as only about 50-60% of Cydia apps work on iOS 4.

bimmeracer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Thanks.
Is it better to use rock to remove the items since its quicker?

Imsuperjp

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Rock might be causing your problem. Easiest thing to do is restore your phone and jailbreak it again and don't use pkgbackup

bimmeracer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
Thats what i want to do, but when i plug my phone into itunes it says my phone did not finish restoring. I am afraid if I hit continue to restore I will lose all my info since the JB. can anyone comment on this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.