Help - 65w charger for 12" G4 PowerBook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by j26, Aug 29, 2006.

1. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

My charger has died an uncomfortable death (burned itself due to a short in the cable).

I'm looking at getting a replacement, and bought one on ebay which turned out not to be as described and didn't work properly, so it has been returned.

I'm looking at this one, and the seller tells me it's a 65w charger, but there should be no problem with it, despite the PB being rated for a 45w charger.

Anyway, the question is, will this charger work with my 12" PowerBook, or do I have to keep looking?

I'm trying to conserve power now, so adios for a couple of hours. If it's okay I need to get it pronto (as you can guess - 88% charge and falling).

Thanks

2. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

yeah the Macally chargers are good.

I actually have an OEM Apple 65 Watt charger that I have lying around and i will probably sell, but i"m in the U.S. :(

3. dcv macrumors G3

I can't vouch for the charger you've linked to as it's a third-party one but the official Apple "spare" charger (there is only one) for iBook and PowerBook G4s is a 65W one, even though the original charger for the 12" PowerBook and iBooks was only 45W. Hope that helps.

4. j26 thread starter macrumors 65832

j26

Hmmm, might go for an original one then if the 65w will work. At least it's protected by some sort of warranty rather than taking the ebay gamble.

(76%)

5. iHotu macrumors regular

The Apple 65w will work with your powerbook and has a 1 year warranty. I'm using one with a TiBook also rated at 45w.

You may be able to get a new one free if your powerbook is still under applecare.