Help!! 800mhz ibook v. 1.2 ghz ibook,New Mac user

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TinyLawDiva, Jan 16, 2005.

1. TinyLawDiva macrumors newbie

Hi!! I'm going nuts, I am a brand new Mac person who just purchased an 12 inch 800mhz ibook that hasnt even arrived yet ( I thought that was the highest processor!) But I found out today that there are 1.2 ghz ibooks. Are there any obvious and crippling differences between the two besides speed? Would i be better to resell the 800 and purchase a 1.2 ghz? Please Help!!!!

2. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

besides the fact that its a 50% step up in processor speed, no :eek:

btw how much did you buy it for? macs have an unbelievable resell market on ebay.

3. TinyLawDiva thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually got the 800 from ebay, I didnt do good enough research I suppose but i didn't now about processor speeds and never even thought to look until recently. Thanks alot for your input, I didnt thinkt here was really a big difference but thought mayeb I'd be better off witht he 1.2. Thanks again!

4. maya macrumors 68040

maya

The new iBooks offer more for your money than previous models. I would cancel the order from ebay and get the new ones. :)

Come on people everyone is not in the Mac space and technically inclined to know this information from the get-go. Cut this individual a break. :)

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Is this a G3 800 mhz or a G4 800 mhz? Thats a big difference in itself.

6. maya macrumors 68040

maya

7. TinyLawDiva thread starter macrumors newbie

Opened the other once I realized I had posted this one in the wrong section....new thread in buying* section