Help a fellow Machead out : Columbus, OH

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LittleJoe, Dec 27, 2006.

1. LittleJoe macrumors regular

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I couldnt find any better place.

Student and mac-head here in need of a hourly full-time job ASAP. Incredibly skilled, quick to learn anything, responsible and available immediately. I just quit a job to move on to a new one, and the new employer has gone awal.

I'm open to anything as long as the pay is right. (fulltime, $10+/hour)

Im really in a bit of a time crunch, so any help would be greatly appreciated! PM for more info!

[​IMG]

I just whipped up a page with some recent digital arts assignments Ive done if anyone is interested.

http://www.littleemedia.com/work.html

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

your a brave one putting all your details on a forum for everyone to see,

:eek:

3. Queso macrumors G4

MODS: Please delete or edit this before he finds his credit history in the toilet!!!

:eek:

4. LittleJoe thread starter macrumors regular

That bad?

Wowzers... well I edited out the personal contact info, its in the pdf if needed.

5. Queso macrumors G4

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I removed the PDF link... you should at least know who's accessing your personal information.

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

One comment. There's absolutely nothing in your resume to support the following statement:

Got a portfolio or a website?

8. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Have you ever tried monster.com? Probably more appropriate for job-hunting and more likely to give results.

I'm not an employer, but I had a look at your CV and I've got a few pointers that may help you out, if you're interested in hearing them.

9. LittleJoe thread starter macrumors regular

Not at the moment. Im currently in school for the field and working on building a web-based portfolio.

10. LittleJoe thread starter macrumors regular

I am currently searching Monster, SnagAJob and Craigslist for employment opportunities. Ive had the most luck with Craigslist in the past.

I would love to hear any feedback you might have. Feel free to PM me with them.

11. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

In that case, I would temper those claims as they stick out like a sore thumb... well, to me anyway. As a designer, my eye almost fell upon them immediately.

There are a large number of professional photographers, print and web designers on this forum and out there in the real world. Nothing speaks the truth like the proof. ;)

12. LittleJoe thread starter macrumors regular

I understand. I just assumed it would not be a big deal as the positions Ive been applying for usually have nothing to do with design. I'm just seeking hourly work to pay the bills while I'm in school. I will edit the statement to make it less pronounced.

13. LittleJoe thread starter macrumors regular

14. LittleJoe thread starter macrumors regular

15. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Hey, wow, that's much nicer! Best of luck with it! (I'll send you some info on LaTeX sometime soon too, if you're still interested)