Help - a freecell challenge

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Applespider, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'm usually pretty good at Freecell... but I'm stumped tonight on a game. It may be due to a couple of glasses of wine blurring my brain or it might just be a really tough deal... Either way, I can't figure out how to get the darned thing out... so I'm asking if anyone else can get it out.

It's this version of Freecell which is free and a Universal Binary and it's game 572,744,748 that I'm stuck on. Hints on solving gratefully received... or even just confirming that it's not one of the 'unsolveable' deals would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Cool - I didn't know you could get this for the Mac - it is often the only reason I bring my work laptop home, and I don't even have that excuse. :)

I'll give it a bash - I have pretty decent record on the PC version.

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

God, these kind of things are death-traps. Shame on you for starting it. ;).

I can't be of any help on this business though. No good with the card games.

4. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

Typical... I try multiple times (30 minutes or so), post the thread and go back to it. And ta da... it comes out first time! :rolleyes:

So it is solvable... but you have to start in a roundabout fashion to my eyes.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Good... now I can stop. ;) My parents are into this in a scarily big way. Me? Not so much....

6. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

I've just spent a week with my mother who likes Freecell, hence why I dredged it up from the bottom of the Apps folder. I think I only ever play a game or two after speaking to her!

7. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Gah - finally got it. I probably would have given up a long time ago if I didn't know it was solvable. Weirdly, it was also my mum who got me into Freecell.

Attached Files:

8. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Gah! I'm so sad I didn't see this thread sooner! I was looking forward to being able to tell you how to do it. :D I love this game!

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't even want to start, I still have several sudoku to get through :)