Help a friend

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JCentourage, May 20, 2005.

1. JCentourage macrumors newbie

JCentourage

I have a friend who is losing his sight. He has asked me about increasing the size of his mouse pointer, and adding trails so it is more visible for him. How might i aid him in doing this? Any help would be appreciated.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

unsanity's MightyMouse should work nicely for what he needs although i have never used the program myself
    seeing an eyedoctor and getting some lenses would be a good idea too

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    If he is running Tiger, then under Universal Access you can increase the size of the mouse pointer quite dramatically. If his sight continues to deteriorate, Voiceover might come in useful too.

On Panther and on Tiger, you can use the 'command' '+' keys to zoom into the window that you are working on.

4. JCentourage thread starter macrumors newbie

JCentourage

Thanks

Didn't know about that new Universal Access feature. I appreciate your help :)

5. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Please try to include important info in your heading - i skimmed over this thread a number of times before going in even though i can help.

I find that the zoom in/out key combo is: apple-ctrl +/-. You need to enable it in the Universal Access Preference Pane though (box at the bottom saying "Enable access for assistive devices").
    There are TONS of options in there, like have to computer speak the text in buttons/dialouges See attachments. :)

Attached Files: