Help an Idiot...Do Your Good Deed For The Day™

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by iGary, Mar 23, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

I am trying to slowly put a very simple Web page together. Josh from the forums here originally installed WordPress for me, but I decided I wanted to at least my galleries with Aperture (Hey, I ought to use it, right?).

Here's the deal - I'm fairly Web-unversed and I need to know where to place the files that Aperture generated.

The "Assets" folder has a CSS file in it and some GIF's for the navigation the pictures folders has the "full size" Web images, and the thumbnails has the smeller preview images.

Here's a clip of the FTP panel, and the files that Aperture spit out. Can anyone help? Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, thanks a lot.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Take all the files in the "Gallery" folder that Aperture outputted and copy them to a new folder on your FTP account. For instance, if you want the gallery access at yoursite.com/photos, put them in a photos folder located in the public root (where your Pages folder and index.htm files are now, that's where you make the photos folder or whatever you want to name it) of your FTP.

Hope that helps. :eek:

3. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Thanks, Rosati.

Cheers,

Gary

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

No problem, happy to help. :)