Help another guy out on an essay! :)

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Nov 19, 2004.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Well I have this research paper I am working on. Basically my teacher wants us to explain why the Indian Rupee has gone to hell. if you look at it's history there is no doubt it has decreased in value majorly. I've done tons of research and found lots of info but always looking for more. I just wanted to see if anybody had any insight as why the Rupee is up to almost 50 to the dollar.

jon

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

try a search on scholar.google.com. I found a paper that talked about the depreciation of the Rupee in 1966 and 1991. It may be that recently the Rupee has gone up in relation to the dollar, but over the long term it has depreciated.

Be careful with scholar.google.com. Some are references to papers you have to look up in the library, others have PDF or HTML versions of the paper.

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

Yeah my old English professor showed me the Google schloar thing, didn't even thing to give it a try. I've been reading over my tons of printed out internet articles and getting a good amount of info, but always looking for more. Thanks for the tip.

jon