Help, any photo recovery freeware?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by simonjs, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

Hello, I am now desperate. Just a couple of hours ago I must have made a wrong operation, probably Command plus Delete those precious photos transferred from the camera to my Mac machine. Now they are totally gone. I do not have backup (Time Machine). And have tried 2 programs and both need me to pay about 100 bucks. Can anyone recommend any free photo recovery apps?? :( I know there is such program called Recuva which works under Win, are there a Mac version with this freeware. Your answer will be appreciated.

2. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

PhotoRec - although not the most user friendly to use, it does work well though.

3. macrumors member

Ptack is right. If you lost some data on your device, the first thing is to make sure it cannot be overwritten. Then, try the third Mac photo recovery software.

As far as I know, most Mac photo recovery software has a free trial version. You can use that to scan your lost photo. If it works, you can purchase it to recover. Also, some data recovery software has a free version, but they have limitations to recover. Just several types of photos can be recovered.

If you didn't know which one is perfect, you can search in Google. Good luck!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.