HELP: Arial font gone screwy!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dalvin200, Apr 13, 2006.

1. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

My Arial (regular) font seems to be got screwed up somehow :(
    See below for what my Arial font looks like currently

[​IMG]

Although when I go into the font book, (both) the Arial (regular) font looks how it should do - ie, like the proper Arial (regular) font should look.:

[​IMG]

This is how the google homepage looks:

[​IMG]

Anyone know how to restore this?

PS: there are 2 entries in the ALL FONTS collection, as one is for the "computer" and the other is for the "user" if that makes any difference

Thanks

2. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

wow.. not 1 reply?

anyway, in case ou wanted to know, i managed to fix the problem, which was caused by a bogus font in the font book.. i had to go through all my fonts disabling one at at time, until i found the culprit :)

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

For some reason, I couldn't post. I was going to say the one reasonable problem would be that there was a font in there that's confusing arial.

Glad you figured it out.

4. EddieK420 macrumors newbie

:eek: I had the same thing happened to me just now with an old .ttf font I couldnt figure it out until I found your post. My arial got screwed so Safari would show the other font instead. However the font did not come up on FontBook when I tried to delete it.

It did not even show up when I tried to add to fontbook before so I thought it just didnt work but it screwed up my Arial font. Anyways I went to my home folder/library/fonts and manually deleted the faulty font and it worked. tks dalvin!