Help Arn win $250 for MacRumors!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Sep 22, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

OK here is the scoop. My local news station has this thing called I-Warn which shows a map of the area with weather and shows you school closings and stupid crap like that. I never downloaded it because it was stupid and plus they didnt have a mac os x version. well since not many people have messed with it they made a contest. Whoever refers the most people to I-Warn they will give 500 dollars. I know not many people are gonna do this stupid thing, and I figured with the power of this site and I can get a crap load of emails. Now this is what I will do, if I win I will give half of the money to Arn to contribute to making this site better because this is my favorite site and I am not going to win without help. So i guess all there really is to do is give me your email address or any email address (as many as you can give me) and I will use the Iwarn program on my windows machine and enter them.

iJon

2. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

And the contributors will be spammed then forever by iWarm... ah, Warn??

Sounds like a good thing for Arn, though ;)

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

actually thats a good point, its just i keep seeing the advertisment and i felt like i could win easily, honestly i dont know if they will spam you, im just laying the offer on the table. if i win, sweet, ill contribute 250 dollars to the site, arn can go by an ipod or something, who knows. i dont really care.

iJon

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Question One:
    Are they gonna spam me?

Question Two:

I'll sign up if they don't spam me.

5. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

im gonna find that out later tonight, im gonna refer myself and see what they do. this contest doesnt end till december so im gonna give it time to see what they do. i expect them to send 1 email saying download iwarn, after that i dont know.

iJon

6. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

What if everybody who wants to help creates a yahoo account, then gives him that one? I will PM you with my yahoo account... I could care less if they spam it... :D

7. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

AH! I am dumb. I remember having an unused Yahoo-eMail account. It gets spammed anyway. Feel free to use it, upon request :p :D

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

kwani@mcmaster.ca

Its a school account, and I have already graduated, so go nucking futs!!! ;)

9. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I think you should have titled it, help "Arn win $250 for MacRumors". Maybe a mod will change it...

I don't care about your $250 finder's fee. ;)

10. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

good idea, hopefully he will see it.

iJon

11. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I just reported it to the Mods. I hope they are ok with that...

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

13. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

sweet, as soon as i finish my paper ill go refer myself and see what the news channel does. maybe ill give them a call as well tomorrow or stop by the studio. i am hoping they will send 1 email saying "hey, someone referred you todownload iwarn, click here to do it"

iJon

14. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Yes thanks eye! Too bad it ends in december... But I am sure iJon will be good for it... right?!?!?! ;)

15. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

hey, with december being the end i think i can get an ungodly amount of emails. i probably shouldnt go over 60,000 though, woudlnt want to refer more people than what live in my town, haha.

iJon

16. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

not a problem...

btw...iJon...I could use some cash... ;)

17. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

personally im still trying to figure out why they are doing this competition. i think maybe its because in the little windows programs, they have ads of local businesses and i guess they can raise the prices with more people using it. but all i know is they are giving out some cash from spreading the word, so im all for it.

iJon

18. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

19. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

This kind of reminds me of those old fast food sweepstakes in the 1970s and 1980s that didn't limit the number of entries. One could have some fun with these folks.

20. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

21. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan