Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
Hello

Today I did a wonderfull investment and finally bought an external harddisk (250 Gb lacie). I can almost afford it too :)

Right now I'm making backups of all my stuff... So, my question is, and it should be an easy one: How do I make backup/copy of all the bookmarks I've got in safari?

Extra advice on what other things which I should also backup would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Adam

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
Click on the debug menu -> export bookmarks

If you don't have the debug menu enabled quit safari and open terminal.
Type this exactly as it is capitals and all
Code:
defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
Thank you VERY much

iLikeMyiMac, i took your advice and it worked perfectly... terminal is a strange and amazing thing to me - and i never dare touch it on my own, hehe... one day with time on my hands i'd really like to find out more about it... now I'll just need to find out what all the other stuff in the debug-menu is!? :)

And thanks kingjr3 - ccc seem to be a very cool app that i will look into soon... just too big a mouthfull for me right now :rolleyes: (leaving day after tomorrow for 10 days of studytour in serbia/bosnia/croatia - lots of stuff to do before)

gotta love this forum

A

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.