HELP - Blizz game problems with iMac G5

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheRat, Nov 4, 2004.

1. TheRat macrumors member

I just got a new iMac G5 20 inch 1.8 1GIG RAM and the blizzard games (diablo2+expansion, Warcraft3+expansion and starcraft+expansion) worked fine for the first few days, but today they became all screwed up. NO SOUND plays off the cd's. Not in the game, or in the installers. Can you help me with this??? It's really pissing me off. Plus, the in-game cinematics in WC3 are all wacked. Everything else works fine, it's just these games.

2. TheRat thread starter macrumors member

[From the moderator: Your duplicate threads have been removed and the responses merged into this one. In the future, do not make the same post to multiple threads.]

3. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

Well, I only have a 1.6 with a 17", but both D2exp and WC3exp ran great, no problems. You might check Blizzard's support site for OS X specific installers or patches that you may have missed? I know D2 and D2 w/exp have two different installers for OS X.

dot

4. PyroVesten macrumors newbie

Two things..

1) The games may have updated themselves via the net and the updates are casing troubles. Look into that.

2) AIf that fails, back up your saves and re-install.

5. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Sometimes these kind of things happen, you should first reinstll the games, second make sure the cd's are clean and dont have any dust/pices or scraches on them.

6. TheRat thread starter macrumors member

i did. there's even no sound coming off the installers running off the CD.

There's more - it's spread over three games. I tried deleting the preferences and that didn't work. The sound is NOT muted. All of my other games work. In Warcraft 3 and TFT the in-game cinematics are either going too fast, or show one line of text/one camera move then stop. Under classic the sound is crackly, squeaky, choppy and generally crappy. I have NO IDEA what's happening!! Please help.

7. TheRat thread starter macrumors member

the cd's are clean. i just got warcraft 3, and even the installers don't play any sound.

There's more - it's spread over three games. I tried deleting the preferences and that didn't work. The sound is NOT muted. All of my other games work. In Warcraft 3 and TFT the in-game cinematics are either going too fast, or show one line of text/one camera move then stop. Under classic the sound is crackly, squeaky, choppy and generally crappy. I have NO IDEA what's happening!! Please help.

8. TheRat thread starter macrumors member

I'm thinking of re-installing my OS. Everything is working properly, but the sound is messed. I can't believe this i'm so pissed off.

9. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

Got the same spec for my imac G5 and everything work fine. But u said that u had classic. did u install it or it came installed on ur imac cause mine came whit no classic at all