Help - Bonjour Printer Causes Kernal Panic

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yojitani, Aug 30, 2006.

1. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

In short, I've had my first kernal panics in two years and the cause is pretty obvious: sending a document to print. I am connected to the printer via bonjour. I've been printing without issue for sometime, so I'm guessing that this is a corrupt pref file? If so, which one. If you have any other theories, trouble shooting suggestions, I want to hear 'em! This is pretty urgent as I was printing out handouts for my class that starts at 7.30 am tomorrow!!!:eek:

Thanks! yt

edit: in fact, the cause is a single pdf file from Perdue University, damn them.
    edit 2: More precisely, it is a problem with this pdf file printing from Preview. I've just printed from acrobat. I knew I would use it one day! Does anyone know what might be the problem with Preview. I can tell from the info on the file that it was made in acrobat distiller 5.0 for Mac - sound like a problem???

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Just to confirm, you are getting kernel panics from printing a specific PDF file through Preview? Does it panic at other times? :)

3. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

Yes, that's right. No other pdf files I've tried cause KP's. I haven't had time to check on some other macs, but will do. I want to get to the bottom of this. At least I could get the file printed in time for the class!!

yt

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

5. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

If you check under my 'edit 2' - yes, that's how I managed to print it out...