Help! Bought a Logitech mouse and can't click!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by thabridawg, Feb 4, 2004.

1. thabridawg macrumors member

Hi guys

I just bought a Logitech MX510 today and when I plugged it in, and used it w/o the drivers, I could only use the left mouse button and the wheel, I couldn't right-click or use the internet back/forward buttons.

So when I installed the driver and restarted, the cursor would move, but I can't even click ANY button now! What gives?

2. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

That's a strange one! I've never had any problems with Logitech drivers, they've always been fully functional and reliable.

Normally when the drivers are installed you get the normal mouse controls (movement and left click) and also the additional buttens should be enabled by default.

I would trash the Logitech preferences and try again. Failing that, make sure you have the latest version of their drivers from their website. That's assuming you have another mouse to use to do all of this!

3. neut macrumors 68000

neut

Re: Help! Bought a Logitech mouse and can't click!!!

my 500 will do that, but it's because the trackpad is in mid click. if i tap the pad again it will free up the mouse.

sorry if that's no helps.

peace.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You couldn't right click before installing the drivers? That shouldn't (should?) be happening, but the forward/back buttons do require a driver.

5. thabridawg thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the help guys

i returned the mx510, bought another one, same thing happened, so i returned that, and bought a mx500, and it works perfectly.

what sucks is that they're the same price, but the mx510 has a better resolution