Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Ok so I don't know WTH is going on but in my music app, but I have an album that was purchased years ago. I hate the CD and no longer listen to it. (music tasted matured) My problem is I cant figure out how to delete the cd because its not on my computer just my Iphone5. It has randomly appeared after the IOS 7 update and I would like to take it off.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Ok so I don't know WTH is going on but in my music app, but I have an album that was purchased years ago. I hate the CD and no longer listen to it. (music tasted matured) My problem is I cant figure out how to delete the cd because its not on my computer just my Iphone5. It has randomly appeared after the IOS 7 update and I would like to take it off.

Thanks!

It is not actually on the device, it's probably just showing you the iTunes in the Cloud music. While you can't delete it from iTunes in the Cloud you can hide it in the iPhone by going to Setting -> Music -> and turning off Show All Music.

hope this helps,
Pietro

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
It is not actually on the device, it's probably just showing you the iTunes in the Cloud music. While you can't delete it from iTunes in the Cloud you can hide it in the iPhone by going to Setting -> Music -> and turning off Show All Music.

hope this helps,
Pietro

Thanks, but I already had that turned off and it still appears.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Can you not connect your phone to your phone, go into iTunes and remove it? Deselect?

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
That's weird. Make sure it's not in the local storage by trying to delete it (swipe over it and see if delete appears)

let me know if that works,
Pietro

Its the only song on my playlist that wont let me swipe and delete it.

----------

Can you not connect your phone to your phone, go into iTunes and remove it? Deselect?

The problem is its not even on my itunes. I tried that method and the album doesn't even appear.

----------

Just swipe each song and delete everyone of them.

Tried that and it doesn't work

ronton

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2013
I'm having the same trouble as well.
I downloaded a free song off of the iTunes App and I can't get rid of it now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.