HELP! Can't get files to open when dragging to the dock in Tiger 10.4.1

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jslicer, May 29, 2005.

1. jslicer macrumors newbie

Ok,

So, I've had my new G5 for not even two weeks. For the first week and a half, my dock was working fine (meaning i could drag files on icons in the dock and they would open in that program). Somehow, something got broken and now i can't get files to open when i drag them to the icons in the dock. I've tried deleting the "com.apple.dock.plist" file and then restarting. Didn't work. Tried repairing disk permissions. Tried going into activity monitor and quitting the dock process. Didn't work. I'm wondering if i'll have to call Apple Care soon cause this sucks. Oh and i also tried comand-option dragging files to the icons. Got nothing also. Look forward to anything to help fix this.

thanks,

jslicer

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

this is something others are having issues with too. i think the update might have messed it up or something. go submit feedback and hopefully it'll get fixed in the next release if it really is a bug.. otherwise maybe they can help you more.

3. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Are you perhaps dragging to the Photoshop icon? If so, it's photoshop's fault and there's a fix on Adobe's site.

4. jslicer thread starter macrumors newbie

none

no, it's with all of the applications in the dock.....not just photoshop.....so far no one has been able to fix this. i can't believe i might just have to wait and cross my fingers that this will be fixed in 10.4.2

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I would try trashing ALL your com.apple plists. I did that once when I couldn't figure out what was making all my programs crash when dialogue boxes came up.... at least it's a simpe thing to try.