help, cant log on to network, "items cannot be found"?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jules ceasar, Jan 27, 2006.

1. jules ceasar macrumors newbie

hello
    i wonder if there is anyone who can help me with this strange problem i have with my powerbook G4.
    whenever i try to log on to the network at my university i get this notification about error 35. i have asked the adminitrators of the internet department and they have also tried. they think that the problem is on my computer.
    recently my computer was repaired on the motherboard and before that i was able to log on at one time.
    i have the correct server address.
    i dont know if it would help i made and archive and install with tiger!?
    i hope you can help
    thanks alot.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. jocool5 macrumors member

jocool5

how are you trying to connect to the network? Is it wireless that is the issue or is it ethernet. Or are you trying to access the server using command+K. I have gotten the same error when using the command+k. To solve that issue i used a FTP program. but it is sounding like an internet connection type issue

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Is there anyone else with a Mac who can currently access the network? If so, try mimicking their network settings.

I strongly doubt an Archive & Install will help. I think it's probably just an incorrect network setting. :)

4. jules ceasar thread starter macrumors newbie

i have both tried via ethernet and wireless and none of them worked. my fellow mac students does not have the same problem and i have allready tried to mimmick their settings....

5. jules ceasar thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried both ehternet and wireless and none of them worked. im using command+k..