Help! Can't manually manage music on ios 7??!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ritzter31545, Sep 22, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2013
    Today I tried manually putting a song into my ipod touch with the new ios 7 and the new itunes update. I wasn't allowed to transfer that specific song, or any other songs for that matter. I don't know exactly what I did, but I ended up backing and restarting my iPod until I ended up with only like 18 songs from previous back ups. Now I don't know how to get my 130 songs back, OR how to try to manually put anything into my iPod. PLEASE HELP!!:mad:
  2. macrumors 68000

Jul 19, 2010
    Are your 130 songs not on your computer somewhere?
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2013
    Yeah, the problem is that when I drag my kusic from any folder onto my itunes, It doesn't transfer the music.
  4. macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2009
    Trying to manage music on iPhone

I have the same challenge. I do have the music stored and back up elsewhere, but want to have different music / books / videos on my iPhone, MacBook Air and MBPro. Why is this such an impossible thing to achieve??

Thank you for any help.

Does anyone have current information about how to manually select songs and books among multiple devices so that there is not an automatic sync?

When I choose Summary / Options / Manually manage music and videos / Apply...

I get a warning that my iPhone is synced with another iTunes library on a different computer, and do I want to erase my iPhone and sync with this (MacBook Air) library?

So much for manual management. Is it a glitch?

Many thanks,