Help ! Cell Phone Contract

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dylomel, Nov 26, 2006.

1. dylomel macrumors member

Nov 26, 2004

I was just wondering where I should go to find people to take over my contract...

Currently I am using T-Mobile $39.99 for 1500 minutes plan, I loved it coz of Tons of minutes, but I barely use it ....

so I talked to the T-Mobile Rep, they said in order for me to get out of the contract without paying the Early Termination Fee is to find a person who is willing to take over my contract to use T-Mobile until Nov 2007....something called Transfer of Responsibility I believe...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!

Thank you!:)
  2. Lucky8 macrumors regular

May 18, 2005
    What phone do I get if I take over this contract?
    I'm looking to get Tmobile Dash
  3. dylomel thread starter macrumors member

Nov 26, 2004

Thanks for replying so quick...

My phone actually is very worn out, and sometimes it's on and off, thats why i don't use that anymore....

but I would pay 1 month free for you !
  4. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Jun 13, 2006
    If it's T-mobile, you can just take the simcard and get whatever phone you want.

There's a service somewhere that matches people looking to get out of their contracts and people who want to take one over. Perhaps google?
  5. savar macrumors 68000

Jun 6, 2003
    District of Columbia
    As an alternative, you could call TMobile and tell them you're moving out of the country. The usually cancel contracts for people who are moving unexpectedly -- like if you were in the armed forces or forced to relocate by your job.
  6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Or who, like Chandler, move to Yemen to get away from their ex! :)
  7. matticus008 macrumors 68040

Jan 16, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Interestingly enough, this doesn't work for Canadian cellular carriers. I had to move back to the states unexpectedly and I was stuck with a Rogers contract they refused to let me cancel. Quite the pain.

So while American cellular companies might be tyrants, the "good" guys have their dark sides, too.
  8. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    Usually you have to provide more information then to just say "Oops, I totally forgot- I'm moving to Dubai!"