Help choosing a Desk

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by WAMozart, May 31, 2005.

1. WAMozart macrumors newbie

May 31, 2005
    Hello, I would like some help on choosing a desk for a PM G5
    Any links would be helpful
    I am looking for some kind of sturdy workstation
    thanks a lot :)
  2. sk8erboy macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2005

they all offer high quality desks.. suitable for computers and other accessories.
  3. WAMozart thread starter macrumors newbie

May 31, 2005
  4. MacHarne macrumors 6502

Mar 3, 2005
    Virginia, U.S.A.
    This desk from IKEA is fantastic.

IKEA Jerker Desk

That desk has several add-ons for desktops and other standard desk-related accessories. I really like this model because the steel coating is a very close match to the current aluminum shades of the PB and PM line.

It's a very sturdy desk as well; a friend of mine has had his for years and it shows minimal wear and is comfortably strong. I just wish I had found this model before I purchased a desk of my own. Arg!
  5. ArcticFox macrumors member

May 22, 2005
    Newberg, OR
    I'm using a big L desk with an (not being used currently) keyboard tray that works great. Have fun putting one together though, it's a total nightmare. This one holds 2, and soon to be three, computers and monitors plus all the junk I feel is necessary for nerd.
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I think that Anthro makes a very sturdy desk. They are ergonomic. Also have a lifetime warranty.
  7. rugonnaeatthat macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    before you buy take some measurements as my desk is about an inch too short which can get annoying!

You should be looking at the top of the monitor (eye level with the top) and since the imac is not adjustable and neither is my desk, my options consist of an ugly pile of books propping it up or a new desk. I imagine you have the same problem with a lack of adjustment with your cinema display so buyer beware.
  8. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2003
    Studio RTA Apollo Corner Computer Tower

Here is the desk I have. Conserves space and looks good.

9. WAMozart thread starter macrumors newbie

May 31, 2005
    Thanks Guys for your links i found some cool desks i am now trying to compare the to what i want i never KNEW these sites exisisted :eek: IF any body has anymore links (post them please) so i can narrow down my search THANKS ! :)
  10. camomac macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2005
    Left Coast
    yeah then you can become apart of the JERKER club.
  11. sonofapplepm macrumors member

Apr 5, 2005
    Wheatland, Ia
  12. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    What desks have you narrowed your interest? I think that ergonomics should be an important consideration. Along with customer service and standing of the company.
  13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    I saw that Jerker desk. Unfortunately for me it is the wrong color wood. :(
    I am having one custom built right now that fits my piano in where the keyboard drawer would be. Nothing fancy. If the price is right I'll get it.
    otherwise it'll be a 60" wide, 29" deep desk with three drawers on either side.
    Simple, but since I am in my family room I don't want to clash with my decor. :)
  14. WAMozart thread starter macrumors newbie

May 31, 2005
    Guys if you have any more sites please post them any site that sells desks would be fine i really need a new desk that is the only thing holding me off of my PowerMac purchase I still can't find THE ONE :eek: