Help...Cleaning Up Audio in .mp3 Speech.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crdean1, May 15, 2006.

1. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Does anyone know how to clean up static out of an mp3? I have an mp3 of my wife's grandfather giving a Memorial Day speech to the City of Detroit in 1954, but it has a lot of heavy recurring static in the audio. I was wondering if I could find something to seperate the static from his actual voice and remove the static.

I am thinking about making this speech into a patriotic movie and giving it to my Father-in-law for his 60th birthday.

If anyone wants I can email a little sample so you know what I am referring to.

Will Garageband do this?

Thanks.

crdean1

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

To seriously clean up means some serious tools -- There are denoiser and declicker plug ins available (searh for those terms), and Bias SoundSoap might be useful. But a broadband interference like static is much more difficult to remove than a steady hum or intermittent clicks.

3. crdean1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Thank you, I will try these things. I might pay someone to do it (it is only 15 mins of audio), but I have no idea who to call. If I can't get those tools to work, I might just call a local studio and see what they recommend.