Help! Compressor Error!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MT37, Feb 11, 2007.

1. MT37 macrumors regular

MT37

Well I'm trying to compress a few videos so I can put them on the internet. But when I start to compress them with compressor. It fails, and I get an error. The error is "QuickTime Error: -2195"

I have search google, and can't find anything that relates to "-2195". So any help would be greatful.

Also I have never had a problem before.

I have recently installed Shake, Motion 2, and Adobe After Effects. So could one of those programs be interferring?

So thanks for any help.

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Try running Repair Disk Permissions and see if that helps. I found some references to that.

Also - using a google search QuickTime Error: 2195 (without the dash/minus sign) brings up hits on this.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Please explain to us how this could possibly help on any Mac running MacOS X 10.2 or newer.

4. MT37 thread starter macrumors regular

MT37

I tried the Repair Disk Permission and that didn't help. Also I searched, and I still couldn't find anything.

5. -DH macrumors 65816

Repairing permissions not only often helps fix quirky behavior, it is recommended to do before and after every major or complex software install. It helps clean up the UNIX core OS errors that can accumulate or occur over time or with changes to the system/library software. You can repair permission only to a bootable drive, using Disc Utility.

If your system is often shut down at night, it's also recommended to run a system maintenance utility such as MacJanitor, Macaroni or ONYX. Since the UNIX core is scheduled to do these things in the wee hours of the morning, if your system is shut down they simply don't get done unless you do them yourself.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10491

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16593

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20070

-DH

6. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

MT37, this is the closest thing I could find that has anything to do with this error - it's also why I recommended the repair permissions first - it's relatively easy. But take a look through this thread from another forum and maybe you can find the problem.

Hopefully it doesn't involve an archive and restore as mentioned at the bottom.

Good luck...

7. MT37 thread starter macrumors regular

MT37

Thanks, I'll try it out later. I'm in the middle of trying to build a music player in Flash, which is going too well. Haha.