Help! Cram & Jam form needed (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dobbin, Dec 13, 2004.

1. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

I have just realised that in the excitement of getting my new mac last month I forgot to send of the form for my cram & jam rebate.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now I can't even find the form. I think I may have even missed the deadline but I would like to send it off anyway in the hope that Apple will still send my cheque.

Does anyone have a copy of the form that used to be on the Apple UK site please?

If anyone can help I'll be very grateful indeed. Thanks.

2. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

I can't find the UK PDF anywhere.

Your best bet is to ring Apple UK Education store and tell them your problem, and ask them to email you the form. I believe you have 30 days after the date of purchase (as long as it was purchased before 10th Nov) to claim, so you might be out of luck.

Failing that it's unlikely but if I return to Leicester this week I can pick one up (a UK paper form), I know exactly where it is in my room. If I don't go back, then I'm afraid the earliest I could post it would be January 10th.

AppleMatt
    US PDF:
    http://images.apple.com/education/promos/pdf/CramAndJam_Coupon3.pdf

3. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Thanks AppleMatt - I think I will try ringing the Education Store and grovelling a bit. I can't believe what an idiot I am!

Does anyone else have a copy of the pdf on your mac please?

4. Lau Guest

Sorry, I deleted mine in a fit of housekeeping.

If you can't get a copy of the UK form quickly, you could fill out the US one, so you get it to Apple asap, then when they phone up and tell you it's the wrong form, say "Oooh, silly me, must have downloaded it from the US site. I'll get the right one to you now" and as you got it in at the right time they'll hopefully take pity. Maybe!

5. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Don't think using the US form will work as its got the US address on it and I don't know where in the UK I should send it.

I phoned the Applestore and they couldn't send me a form. The guy said if I found one I should send it as soon as possible and hope for the best.

So, another plea for help - if anyone still has the form either as a pdf or a paper copy, please can you help me?!

AppleMatt - if you are able to get to yours, then I would appreciate a copy very much.

Thanks.

6. dobbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

dobbin

OK, what an irony, Microsoft might have saved me!

I found the form on the cache of the Apple page on the MSN beta search (beta.search.msn.com). It was already gone from the Apple website and didn't show up on any Google searches.

I'm going to send the form off anyway of course, but I have missed the date by over a week. I just hope they take pity on me. I'm not that hopeful really.

I've learnt to be very careful with these rebate things in the future. I guess companies (including Apple) rely on stupid people like me not to claim the money, and thats why they don't just give the discount up front.

7. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

That's exactly what they reply on, another example is phone companies giving half-price contracts but where you pay the full amount and claim it back every six months, obviously many people forget to.

Glad you found it, it's still hit or miss whether I'm going back this week or not.

AppleMatt