Help Creating a widget

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by elisha cuthbert, Mar 27, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

i have tried everything and nothing I make works, all i want to do is make a widget to display my timetable; and everyday it changes to that particular day's timetable, but there is also a changer down the bottom so I can see what i have the next day.
    Is this possible?
    Can some of you please help me create it?
    I have a 2 week timetable, is it still possible?
    the timetable is here, http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/19/timetable8aq.png
    So if you can please help me i would be eternally gratefull

2. macrumors 603

gekko513

3. G99
    macrumors 6502

G99

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Busness management
    Somewhat, the last time I wrote anything in html was 4 years ago

5. G99
    macrumors 6502

G99

I have completely no experience in HTML, which I think is used to write widgets. I can write in bold and italics etc, which I don't think can help with your widget...:eek:
    What you could do, is download this widget, which can show your timetable. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

6. macrumors 6502a

ijimk

just curious i am pretty familar with html so what do you use to create the widget?

I can do some coding by hand and use dreamweaver for some as well if i created my own widget what app would i use to give it the correct format for tiger?

7. macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

If I'm correct, widgets are made with (X)HTML, CSS, Javascript, and sometimes XML. I can handle the XHTML and CSS stuff, but I know next to nothing about Javascript. Here's a handy tutorial from Apple's web site on how to develop Dashboard Widgets: http://developer.apple.com/macosx/dashboard.html :cool: Hope that helps a bit!

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Does html support "if" codes??
    because if i use the picture frame widget and just add some "if" commands into the html file I can give each of the days a spesific image and say basically- if monday display monday- or something a little like that

9. Guest

caveman_uk

HTML doesn't support 'if' structures but Javascript does.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Update

Now just an update i have tried to make the widget so that all i click is the "i" in the bottom right hand corner and the weeks flip over but I am having problems with it so if any of you could please have a look at the widget (http://rapidshare.de/files/16700573/Timetable.wdgt.zip.html)
    and tell me what I have done wrong

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

I have alos had another idea of how i could make this work but i need input from other people:
    could I display a swf video file in a widget?
    if you are prepared to do this for me could you please pm me and i will email a link to the file but please please please help me

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

All done finished, i ended up using a program called widget maker x and it worked great
    the widget is just week1 of my timetable on the front and on the back its week 2 and everything works

13. macrumors 603

gekko513