Help creating Automator Script to take iPhoto name and place in Spotlight comments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wwooden, Jun 24, 2005.

1. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

As the title suggests, I want to create a script that will take the photo name that appears in the info section of iPhoto and place that in the spotlight search comments. It seems that when I batch change the title of photos, these changes don't show up in spotlight. So I want to create a script to go through all the photos and extract the title then copy that to the spotlight comments. It seems easy, but I can't figure out a way to extract the title from the iPhoto image info. Have any suggestions?

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Who will hear the almighty call to this most daunting challenge only the most qualified of men and women would undertake?

Who will step up to the plate?

Not I.. :eek:

3. GrannySmith_G5 macrumors 6502

4. wwooden thread starter macrumors 68000

wwooden

Thanks for the link, I'm downloading it right now, I'll tell you how it works.

5. wwooden thread starter macrumors 68000

wwooden

It seems to work great, exactly as it said it would. When I had the photos on my PowerBook, I could just do a batch change and it would do this and change the name as well. So if I did a spotlight search, it would not only find the pictures, but they would have the proper name. With this plug-in, it just changes the spotlight comments, but the same is still what the camera gave it. I suppose I could make another script that takes the spotlight comment and makes that the file name as well.