Help creating Flickr/Yahoo! I.D

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kardashian, May 22, 2006.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Hello there!

This thread is similar to one I created not-so-long ago when I needed an iChat account.

I really want to use Flickr, and would quite happily sign up with my e-mail address - which apparently now, you can't do.

I need a darn Yahoo! I.D - and since I never use Yahoo! for anything, I would rather not have one.

So I need 2 things:

1. Can I sign up to Flickr without Yahoo!?
    2. If I need to go the Yahoo! route, what screen name could I have?

I'm really picky, sorry in advance. I don't want numbers in it, or randomly generated words, I would rather have my name (Joshua David Thomas) - not full, but some variant of it... please :)

If anyone could help, I would be FOREVER greatful, and even dedicate a Flickr gallery to you! :p

Thanks Guys!

Edit: I have tried JDT, J.DT, JoshDThomas, JoshuaThomas, JoshThomas, JoshuaDThomas, JoshDavidThomas, JayTee, JayDeeTee... the lot - someone creative, purlease, Hewp!

2. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

I don't think you can sign up for flickr now without a Yahoo! ID. If you create a Yahoo! ID to use flickr, you don't have to use any of Yahoo's other services. I pretty much just use flickr. You could have any screen name you want, as long as it's not already taken. May I ask why you really don't want a Yahoo ID?

EDIT: By the way, I just check username availability, and josh.thomas is available. It's too bad you have such a common name! :p

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

And it is! Amazing! The most common user name out of them all, and its bloody working fine!

Thanks a lot Kid, your brilliant! :)

Wahooo! :)

4. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

No problem! Glad you finally found a username! :D