Help Deciding on iPod case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bill4588, Nov 11, 2006.

1. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

I'm getting a 30GB black iPod video soon and I'm definitely getting a case. But I don't want the case to make my iPod look ugly or bulky. So I've narrowed my options down to two choices: the Agent 18 and the iSkin eVo3. Which would you recommend? And if you think there is a better one out there for under $40, please let me know!

2. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

the RadTech Sleevz, 21 bucks although i must say it looks better for the nano

3. snakelda macrumors 6502

get the Agent 18,kind of makes it thicker but it's definately worth it...

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Hey.. I wanted to keep my iPod protected, as well, but I hate the look of cases (bulky.. take away from the look of the iPod itself). My solution was an invishield. Great little product. I put it on as soon I got the iPod, so it's completely scratch-free, like-new. Just thought you might want to look into that option, as well.

5. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I 2nd that! Invishield is absolutely amazing

6. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

that invishield does look pretty cool, but I've heard that it's a pain in the butt to put on. I heard you have to get it wet and squeeze out the air bubbles, and no matter now hard you try there will always be a bubble or two left. Am I thinking of something else? Plus, I would like to have the option of having a clip of some kind since I work out 4x a week. So could I use the shield and a clear case?

7. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

No, you're probably thinking of the same product, but different people are going to have different experiences. For me, it was pretty easy getting the shield on.. I watched the tutorial online, which helped. My fiance, on the other hand, had a lot harder of a time.. to the point where his was practically ruined. He called the company, though, and explained that he'd done it all wrong.. and they were really nice about it (surprisingly so, actually).. and they shipped him a new one for free. Needless to say, I put the second one on for him myself.. :p

Anyways, it's obviously slower than putting on a case, but I think it protects better, and looks nicer. I had a case on my old 4G and it still managed to get scratched quite a bit. This could have just been my particular case, though.. lol.

As far as air bubbles: there were a few when I finished putting it on.. but after a day's use, they were completely gone. Worked themselves out, I guess. This was the case on both iPods (my fiance's and mine), so I think you'd have to leave quite a few big bubbles to have them stay.

And yes, you could add a case to get a clip.

8. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

thanks for the info! I think I'll get the invishield and an armband of some kind.