Help deciding on MB.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nuc, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

I have a question for those of you that own a MB. Currently I'm using a 17" PB and I am considering replacing it with a black MB with 2Gb of ram from MacMall. They have a pretty good deal and it is only ~$50 more than the white MB with the same configuration.

My idea is to buy the MB and us it for school to run windows apps through Parallels that I need. MacMall has parallels for $9.99 after rebate which is a great deal. Once I've saved up some money I will buy a 17" MBP and pass the MB off to my wife.

For those of you that run Parallels on a MB how is the performance. I don't run any games so the graphics card shouldn't be that big of a deal...

Going from 17" to 13" is a pretty big change but I played on a MB and it wasn't that bad I guess. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Nuc

2. tommytran86 macrumors newbie

That sounds like what im' doing i'm getting the macbook c2d now and getting the mbp with everything max out next week then giving my macbook to my girlfriend. i would say both before run paraell smoothly and i suspect since this one is faster it should run it even better :)