HELP! [delete file]

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iEric, Jul 23, 2004.

1. iEric macrumors 6502a

I just accidently deleted my whole iTunes library. Is there any way to get it back?

2. aStabell macrumors member

aStabell

sounds like your up sh*t creek without a paddle man.

but If you provided more details that would be helpfull.

3. aStabell macrumors member

aStabell

just had a thought, if you saved all of your reciepts from the iTunes music store or any other meens of buying your music, you may be able to redownload all those songs without paying. I'm shure apple would work somthing out with you.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I know this is a dumb question, but have you emptied the Trash? If not, it's still safe in there. Just drag it out.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Also, do you have .Mac and use Backup? If so, your purchased songs might be on your iDisk.

6. ColdFlame87 macrumors regular

There are certain recovery programs available to recover accidentally deleted files such as the one norton utilities provides. Not sure if it will be as helpful to recover your whole itunes library but you can give it a try. ;)

7. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

no the songs weren't from the iTMS...all 15gb of it was from CDs that I've own. And it sucks because its gonna take me forever to import them ALL again. darn.

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm sorry to hear that. But, at least, you didn't truly lose anything (besides your time). If you'd lost 1000 iTMS songs, you'd be royally screwed.

9. iEric thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Possible silver lining:

Now you can burn with Apple Lossless Encoder if you have any special CDs that you really need the quality for, and you might have a better idea of what encoder to use generally. I'm guessing that 15GB was burned at all different rates, though I could be wrong. Just trying to find something positive....

11. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

I recently deleted my library and all the playlists. I was able to move the files from the trash back into the library with no problems.

12. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...actually, if I had to go through the ordeal of losing my iTunes stuff I would probably rip differently than I did originally on a lot of the tracks too...and eventually I might do that too...but as everyone should, I keep a backup of my stuff....oh yeah!

13. aStabell macrumors member

aStabell

Another thought, this one is a longshot though.

If you happen to have an iPod that had all of those songs on it there are programs to upload songs from the ipod. the only one I can think of at the time is senuti. ]
    You can get it at versiontracker