Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julienko3

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2006
I just accidentaly deleted my "Documents" folder from my "Macintosh HD" Folder. How can I make a new folder with the "Documents" Logo in my Macintosh HD folder?

Please help

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Make a new user called something random.

Then log into that user, and copy their documents folder into the ROOT of the hard drive (so drag it straight into the Macintosh HD icon).

Then log back into your account, and highlight (don't double click) that folder. Press APPLE KEY + I

At the top of the window, there will be the icon for that folder. Click on it (once) and press APPLE KEY + C

Close that window, and then highlight (again don't double click) your Documents folder. Press APPLE KEY + I and then highlight the blank folder icon at the top and press APPLE KEY + V

Should work!! :)

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004
Try just making a folder named "Documents" in your user folder. It should work.

Tibbse

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2006
:rolleyes: iv'e dome somthing similar to that its really annoying i drages the documents icon of the side i was having a panic attack untill i found it in the home folder.

ToastyX

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2005
Just make a new "Documents" folder and relaunch Finder. The logo will show up after Finder restarts.

To relaunch Finder, hold down the control and option keys, click the Finder icon in the Dock, and choose "Relaunch" from the pop-up menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.