Help! Deleting partition (non-destructive)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by mark!, Aug 27, 2006.

1. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

I really need to get rid of this partition. I made it with BootCamp, and then reformatted it to be Mac OS journaled. Is there a way to delete this NON DESTRUCTIVLY? I don't have another harddrive or computer to back up on right now and this second partition is leaving me with little space. I can't use that partition either. What is a way to do this? Can I just reformat it to be windows again and then have bootcamp delete it?

thanks in advanced :) :eek: :(

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I've never played with it, but I've read good things about this program, which claims to be able to do repartitions without any reformatting. Worth looking into to see if it could help?

Hopefully!

3. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

Mark, I would definitely back up critical stuff to DVD before attempting any repartition whatsoever; just a warning, partition stuff is dangerous.

4. furious macrumors 65816

furious

boot camp will do that on its own will it not?

5. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

Found a solution. I had to normal partitions (both for OS X). I didn't know that you could format the partition to be windows without bootcamp, and i couldn't use bootcamp for the 2nd partition 'cause bootcamp can only divide partitions if the whole thing is a single partition. so i booted up off the dvd, and made the 2nd partition windows, and deleted the partition with bootcamp :)

thanks.