Help... "Do not disconnect" !!!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by rebhaf, Oct 14, 2006.

1. rebhaf macrumors member

I just plugged in my iPod video to my iBook as usual, but this time, iTunes doesn't open. No idea why.

iPod says "Do not disconnect." So I wait a long time and still nothing, so I open iTunes. No iPod icon. It doesn't recognize my iPod.

Finally, after five minutes I have no choice but to unplug my iPod. Of course, I couldln't eject it properly because my computer never even recognized it.

So I unplug my iPod and it still says "Do not disconnect." It's been about a half hour and it sill says it.

My iPod is completely blocked and there's nothing I can do about it.

The worse part is, there is no way to turn this iPod off or reboot it. And since it's the middle of the night where I am, there's no Apple Store helpdesk to call.

Can anyone help??!!!

2. worldaviator macrumors newbie

3. rebhaf thread starter macrumors member

4. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

This happened to mine and the hard drive had broken and just wasnt spinning so i was annoyed. I would have suggested listyening to it if resetting didnt work

5. frome macrumors member

frome

Thats weird. :confused: My freind has a iPod 5g and disconects it from his iMac and xbox 360 without ejecting it all the time and it keeps working perfectly...

6. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

7. rebhaf thread starter macrumors member

I think the problem was that I plugged it in to my computer (to sync it up) without turning the Hold switch off. From what I've read now, it seems like this is why it froze up on me.