Help Does anyone know an App that splice songs?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Steradian, May 18, 2003.

1. Steradian macrumors 6502

Hey, I have to have a mild soundstrack for and Eagle Court of Honor, and I need to know if there is an app that will allow me to take multiple MP3's and spice them in to one super long "track". Thanks in adavnce.

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

3. Steradian thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks man, but I Dled it and I am a bit confuesed as to how to use it, I can import mp3's but i don't see a way to spice them..any assistance would be greatly appreciated...again (thanks)

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I don't have this app... and have no idea how to use it specifically...

but usually copy/paste works in these apps. :)

arn

5. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Audion 2, if you can find a copy. Yes it runs in classic, but for some reason Audion 3 only lets you open certain MP3's for waveform editing.

Anyways, get all the songs open you want in editor windows, and copy and paste.

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

I could have suggested Audacity, which is freeware, but you would have better stability trying to make a perfectly poached egg. :rolleyes:

In Sound Studio, import your AIFF files (you should use AIFF to edit audio whenever possible) in separate windows.

There are two easy methods of combining tracks:
    (1) Copy the second track by highlighting it in its entirety and paste it at the end of the first track.

This method may not work will with more professional work, since it's just a simple cut and paste. So...

(2) Do a normal fade out somewhere at the end of the first track. Highlight the area you want to fade out, then choose the fade filter. (Make sure the filter ends so there is only silence following the fade. You can silence any leftover track audio now.) Then highlight the entire second track, copy it, and go back to the window with your first track. From wherever time you want the second track to start, highlight that point as well as anything to the right of the point. Go into your edit menu and choose Paste Mixing. Do not change any of the options in the pop-up box that follows.

You can repeat this process for your other songs as well.

BEWARE of any peaks that exceed the decibel range for the song. You may hear static from your speakers, or you may see audio waves be "cut off" and square (when you zoom in). Avoid at all costs.

A couple of picks:

Attached Files:

• 54.jpg
      54.jpg
      File size:
      72.6 KB
      Views:
  7. King Cobra macrumors 603

A few more I could not fit under the file size restriction.

Attached Files:

• 76.jpg
      76.jpg
      File size:
      70.3 KB
      Views:
  8. King Cobra macrumors 603

The last one.

Attached Files:

• dan.jpg
      dan.jpg
      File size: