HELP...dvd player for jaguar????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mckinb, Jan 23, 2004.

1. mckinb macrumors newbie

I have a PowerMac G4, when I first got it, I got it w/o the dvd drive. I recently bought a pioneer dvd +/- RW drive and had it installed. Was wondering what software I need to play the dvd's on my mac??? Tried the demo for Trans Lucy, but couldn't get it to work???

Just looking for some insight, a little frusterated!

Thanks

2. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

I'm not really sure how to go about it. But, if the dvd drive you put in is the same one Apple uses you may be able to reinstall Panther and it will install the DVD player software this time around. Maybe someone else will be of more help.

3. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

Swing on over to xlr8yourmac.com, somewhere inthere is the instructions to extract the DVD player app from your install CD. Its really easy to do, i did it, i just can't think of the app that extracts teh DVD player from the CD.

4. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    i was in the same boat as you, but i really dont remember what I did, but it was similar to the xlr8 article ^, except i didn't use any other program other than going back into the install disk and pulling the package out.

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

If the Mac on which you install Jaguar does not have a DVD drive installed, then it doesn't install the software DVD Player app.

You can copy the DVD Player app from a Mac running the same OS which does have a DVD drive to your /Applucations directory.

Otherwise VLC can help you out.