Help! DVI - Video adaptor...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JoeKarame, Dec 15, 2006.

1. JoeKarame macrumors regular

JoeKarame

So I've sourced one of these adaptors to make the Mac Mini run through a TV.

Now all I need is an s-video cable. Do I need just a standard male-male S-Vid lead? I need audio as well, and it looks to me that all the s-vid socket does is provide the pictures. Can anyone advise me on just what is the lead I need to connect everything up?

Any links would be great (especially if they're UK links!)

Many thanks.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Standard SVideo cable for audio, probably a 3.5mm to Stereo RCA cable for audio.

3. JoeKarame thread starter macrumors regular

JoeKarame

Is that Svideo cable for video? And then the RCA cable for the sound? Just out of interest, does the RCA cable connect into the audio socket on the Mini?

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Svideo is for video.

For audio you plug the 3.5mm jack of the 3.5mm -> Stereo RCA cable into the mini and the red/white RCA end into the TV.

It would help if we knew what inputs your TV has but you're not going to be able to carry both audio and video with one cable.

5. JoeKarame thread starter macrumors regular

JoeKarame

Thanks, it's only a CRT, but it has all the relevant s-vid and A/V sockets, so I think I'm alright now - just needed the clarification on the whole s-video thing.

Thanks.